Virginia Beach native Richard H. Doummar attended First Colonial High School and Hampden-Sydney College where he pledged with Theta Chi Fraternity. After graduation in 1981, he continued his legal studies at the Detroit School of Law and graduated in 1986. In addition to State Courts, he is licensed to practice in the Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and is a member of the Virginia Beach Bar Association.
After he passed the Bar in 1986, he worked as an associate attorney at Kellam and Pickrell from 1986 to 1988; John D. Hooker, Jr. and Associates from 1988 to 1990, and then opened his own law practice in 1990.
Very active in community activities, Richard serves on the Board of Directors of St. Jude's Hospital, is a member of Sons and Daughters of Lebanon, and has served on the membership committee of the Virginia Beach Bar Association.
Richard lives in Virginia Beach with his wife, Meghan and his two children. He loves to travel, play golf and tennis and does a mean Elvis impression.
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation/Contract Disputes
- Corporate/Registered Agent
- Medical Malpractice
- Drug Distribution
- Federal Law
- Criminal Investigations
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- Virginia Beach Bar Association, Member
- Virginia Beach Bar Association, Membership committee
- Detroit College of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- Hampden-Sydney College
- Honors: Theta Chi Fraternity
- Board of Directors of St. Jude’s Hospital
- Sons and Daughters of Lebanon
- Kellam and Pickrell, Associate Attorney, 1986 to 1988
- John D. Hooker, Jr. and Associates, 1988 to 1990