Originally from southeastern Michigan, Joel graduated from Old Dominion University and the honors college with a Bachelor of Science degree in business management. While at ODU Joel received an athletic letter as student manager of the ODU baseball team.
Always knowing his passion was law, Joel moved to Columbia, SC, attending the University of South Carolina School of Law, being lucky enough to have a Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals judge as one of his professors. Moving back to VA to be near his family, Joel worked for the Norfolk Public Defenders Office for four years, with a big focus around misdemeanors and drug offenses. Joel Joined Doummar Law in early 2020.
In addition to State courts, Joel is licensed to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and is a member of the Virginia Beach Bar Association.
Joel lives in Virginia beach with his wife, Kara, and their two sons. Never wanting to outrun his roots, Joel has a strong passion for Detroit sports, enjoys playing hockey, and is an avid runner.
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation/Contract Dispute
- Corporate/Registered Agent
- Medical Malpractice
- Drug Distribution
- Federal Law
- Criminal Investigations
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Virginia Beach Bar Association, Member
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- Old Dominion University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Major: Business Management
- Norfolk Public Defenders Office